What is Orochi?
Orochi provides a hands-free, no-worry solution to wheelchair users for enhanced outdoor experiences. Above all, we believe that it should never be a hassle to do the things you love. That’s why we created attachments that allow you to walk your furry, four-legged friends and capture photos on your journeys, while still maintaining full control of your wheelchair.
You can help support this prototype by going to their kickstarter page here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2135691280/orochi-dog-walking-and-photography-solutions-for-w
*All Orochi sciLeash & MobileMount pictured and in videos are working prototypes. The production versions will contain more details and finishing.
Orochi sciLeash Features
There are two options for the Orochi sciLeash:
- 6061 Aluminum Base: lightweight with strength and durability. The finishing will have two options: gloss white or gloss black
- Carbon Fiber Base: 3x lighter than aluminum. The tubing uses a twill wrap design and a high gloss finish.
- A 360-degree rotating adapter holds the retractable leashes apart from the main base to unwind twisted lines without having to take off the hooks.
- Rewards come with Flexi leashes, but the sciLeash adapter is compatible with any retractable leash brand on the market with an inner handle width of 3-inches.
- A rotating C-Clamp on an Adjustable Clamp Bracket gives versatility to mounting on either side and on different types of frames (rigid, tapered, folding, etc.).
- A Hook Bracket anchors the base to the footrest frame tubing.
- For safety & emergencies, a Quick-Release Pin is pulled to separate the leash holding adapter to prevent pulling and dragging the wheelchair.
- A Ratchet Joint is used to fold the Orochi for easy storage and transport.